by Alex Robles
Hello and Hola, I hope everyone’s Thursday went as planned. I was taking a look around the space ( blog site ) last night when something came to mind. Even though cannabis/marijuana is legal in 25 states, the District of Columbia and in around 40 countries worldwide, I believe that there are still some hard questions that need to be answered by every new marijuana grower.
- How do the people you live with feel about you starting to grow?
- Are you a calm, collective person that can keep their mouth shut?
- What do you want to see in your grow—high potency, high yield, how many plants
- Which species/strain of plant do you want or need to grow?
- If you are buying seeds be prepared to spend at least $100 for ten seeds.
- Are you prepared to spend money on lights and other grow equipment?
- Are you prepared to pay the costs of a higher electricity bill?
- Do you have time to take care of your plants?
- Do you have someone to take care of your plants when your gone?
- Are you going to grow indoors or outdoors?
- Is your home safe to grow in?
- How safe and secure is your grow area?
- Are people going to walk past your grow site?
- Can you hide the smell when the plants start to flower?
- Are there any pets that could damage your crop or start a fire?
- Are you prepared for a fire?
Note: Know your local, state, and federal marijuana law!!!
- Do you know what the risks are for the number of plants you plan to grow?
- Can you afford a good lawyer in case the law shows up at your door with a warrant?
- If you are unsure about any previous convictions could be used against you if you are charged with growing marijuana, find out and be sure.
- Do you know what your legal rights are?
- Will owning a gun be used against you if you are caught growing cannabis?
- Can other drug possession in your home be used against you if you are caught growing cannabis?
- Can your children be taken from you and put into social care if you are caught growing cannabis?
Are you sure you want to do this? If any of those questions made you nervous, you should go back and make sure you have everything in order.
Some of these questions first appeared in Greg Green’s book “The Cannabis grow Bible”