Click on the titles below to listen
Go to inmygrow.com to subscribe to the show or find us on the Stitcher app.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Find us on Instagram @inmygrow
Click here for seed menu “I Love Growing Marijuana”
Go to DeltaLeafLabs.com to order your “Plant DNA Sex Testing Kits”
Click Here for the Amazon link to help support the show.
Recharge by RealGrowers
Thank you all for showing up to episode 44 of the show. This is the show before Christmas. Today I’m going to recap the year. Why not do the recap next week, you ask?
-I want to thank Rooster for all his help on cleaning up my logo.
– I topped my plant this week, and used them for clones. I didn’t use the “dewey mister” have nowhere to set it up inside. I think the orange durban poison may be a male. The Gorilla Glue #4 is full of trichomes.
Social Media: The 805 Cannabis Society gathering. Went to the 805 Cannabis Society gathering. This one was a smaller group, it was by invitation. Saw Chelsea from Sespe Creek, and met Sieana-Marie from “Mary Jane Services Network”. Met Rodney from Green Flower Media. I also heard a lady speak from Bluebird farms about how SB county is trying to roll cannabis regulation, starting with hoop house limits. Another great event
Report from the cannabis front line:
-The Farm Bill gets signed by the president.
- Shipping products and raw material (Hemp) across state lines.
-Section 10114 (p. 435): Nothing in the act prohibits the interstate commerce of hemp, nor can States or Tribes prohibit the transportation of hemp or hemp products through their territory.
-Title XI (p. 439): Hemp farmers are made eligible for crop insurance, and marketability requirements for the crop insurance program can be waived.
-p. 738: The Managers note that “state and Tribal governments are authorized to put more restrictive parameters on the production of hemp, but are not authorized to alter the definition of hemp or put in place policies that are less restrictive.”
-p. 739: “While states and Indian tribes may limit the production and sale of hemp and hemp products with in their borders, the Managers, in Section 10122, agreed to not allow such states and Indian tribes to limit the transportation or shipment of hemp or hemp products through the state or Indian territory.”
This year was a trip and I learned a lot about podcasting. Things like “never say OK and Google together over the mic because it will open google search. I launch the podcast just after being evacuated for the Thomas Fire and then almost a month later we had the Montecito Landslides. I want to thank all first responders and volunteers for everything they did for my community and for what they continue to do in other communities. The volunteers are really important because they are there after the FR’s leave. Next I want thank all the cannabis warriors and activist who came out in support of cannabis this year. If you voted or came out to a city council meeting for cannabis, I’m talking to you.
Podcast I listen to.
Joe Rogens – The Joe Rogen Experience.
The Dude and Scotty – The Dude Grows Show
Dan Carlin – Hardcore History
Rast Jeff – The Grow From your Heart
The Dream – They do a season type of platform, I don’t remember the hosts.
Shango Los – The Shaping Fire Podcast
Kevin Smith – Smodcast
Some of the books that I read this year.
The Gulag Archipelago by Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
Coyote America by Dan Flores
Teaming with Microbes by Jeff Lowenfels
Smoke Signals by Martin Lee
Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep ( BladeRunner) by Phillip K. Dick.
Strain of the Week: TOP 10 of 2018.
- Bubble Gum – It is a hybrid and was developed by growers in Indiana. From there it was taken New England and eventually Holland. Bubble Gum has the characteristic sweet, earthy smell and euphoric high.
- LA Confidential- Overall, LA Confidential is a well-rounded strain that delivers a fast-approaching sensation that is both psychedelic and super calming on the mind and body. I like it because I feel it behind my eyeballs.
- White Widow, a balanced hybrid first bred in the Netherlands by Green House Seeds. A cross between a Brazilian sativa landrace and a resin-heavy South Indian indica,
- Sour Diesel: This strain took root in the early 90’s, and it is believed to have descended from Chemdawg 91 and Super Skunk.
- Head Band OG Kush and Sour Diesel. Many report that the effects create a slight pressure around the crown of their head and feels as though they are wearing a headband.
- 3D The Third Dimension, also known as 3D, from TGA Genetics combines the best of three potent parent strains: Apollo 13, Jack’s Cleaner, and Space Queen. It has the pungent, fruity aroma of mango, pineapple, and lemon,
- Gorilla Glue #4 Original glue ( S ) Is a cross of Sour Diesel, Sour Dubb, Chem’s Sister, and Chocolate Diesel. It came into being due to the accidental pollination of a hermaphrodite and therefore, growers advise that even if you get feminized seeds, you should check each plant for pollen sacs in the flowering stage. This strain flowers in 8 weeks and the yield is heavy.
- Orange Durban ( S ) African landrace strain Durban Poison. Parent strains Orange Juice Bud and Durban Poison
- Cherry AK 47: AK-47 mixes Colombian, Mexican, Thai, and Afghani varieties, While AK-47’s scent is sour and earthy, its sweet floral notes can only be fully realized in the taste. Created in 1992 by Serious Seeds, AK-47 This strain is a rare cherry phenotype of AK-47. With its reddish-purple characteristics and cherry aroma. This strain’s flavors are described as smooth cherry with a creamy sandalwood aftertaste. With a THC level of up to 16% and a CBD level of 0.5%, Cherry AK-47 “creeps” up from a cerebral effect to a complete body sensation.
- Jack Herer ( S ) Northern Lights #5 and Shiva Skunk cross. That’s what I’m smoking now and it’s awesome. Potent, stinky and sticky.
Next week: I stop the offices of Mary Jane Service Network and talk to Seana-Marie and Cecilia and find out how they can help you get your canna-business license.
Merry Christmas to everyone and for all others Happy Holidays. Even if your not religious, enjoy the time with your loved ones.
Support the show – Go to Patreon.com and find the In My Grow Show and donate what you can.
“Cannabis Saves Lives” T-shirts are here for you. to check it out. CLICK HERE check it out.
Bensound – The Jazz Piano
Gnawledge – La Lengua del Rio