Click on the title below to listen
Go to inmygrow.com to subscribe to the show or find us on the Stitcher app.
Email us at email@example.com
Find us on Instagram @inmygrow
Click here for seed menu “I Love Growing Marijuana”
Go to DeltaLeafLabs.com to order your “Plant DNA Sex Testing Kits”
Click Here for the Amazon link to help support the show.
Welcome to first show of 2019. If I sound stuffy, I’m on the backside of the flu. Later I’m going to talk about White flies and I’m also going to talk to Sara Rotman from BlueBird Farms about how Santa Barbara County is trying to regulate commercial outdoor cannabis cultivation..
Strain of the Week: Green Crack – Is a nice energizing sativa and great daytime smoke. It has a beautiful flowery, sweet, mango, almost pineapple taste and smell.
Social Media: 805 Cannabis Society is having the “Quarterly Cannabis Workshop and Networking Event” on Jan. 24, 6-8pm. It’s $15 and it says here it includes drinks and appetizers. It’s going be at Impact Hub (State St. Location) We’ll hear from land use attorney Amy Steinfeld. Also branding and Int. Prop. attorney Dan Ackerman. And my buddy Elijah Spina from Delta Leaf Labs. Go to tiny.cc/canna to get your ticket. I noticed today on Sespe CC FB page that they’re looking for a delivery driver, those are all the details I have. Upcoming Cannabis Lecture, Santa Ynez Valley, January 17, 2019, it is called Cannabis: Present and Future in Santa Barbara County. Thursday, January 17, 7 p.m. at Bethania Parish Hall (Atterdag and Laurel in Solvang) for all Valley residents. It says “Our goal is to help you better understand how cannabis is being regulated after legalization in our state”
Report from the cannabis front line
- Wednesday Jan. 9, 2019 ends the “nonprofit, cannabis collective/cooperatives” business model in California. Because of the “Compassionate Use Act” passed in Nov. 1996 had some loopholes, there were different dispensary models put together. On that date all dispensaries have to be for profit, so those businesses either have to license up, close down or go black market.
- Key cannabis Congressional allies have put together the first-ever Congressional Cannabis Caucus to develop and promote sensible cannabis policy reform and work to ease the tension between federal and state cannabis laws. Click on link below for information and to urge your member of Congress to join the Cannabis Caucus. https://norml.org/action-center/item/tell-your-congressional-representative-join-the-cannabis-caucus
- Massachusetts State Senator Jason Lewis announced plans to introduce legislation to protect responsible adult cannabis consumers from employment discrimination.
- New Hampshire: Legislation is pending, HB 350, to expand medical cannabis access. The measure expands the pool of medical professionals who are eligible to recommend medical cannabis by permitting physician assistants to issue recommendations to their patients.
- Georgia: Lawmakers in Georgia will consider a proposal to expand and facilitate patients’ access to medical cannabidiol (CBD) products. The pending legislation seeks to establish a regulatory framework to permit the retail sale of medical CBD products to registered patients.
- Virginia: Legislation is pending, HB 1839, to establish an industrial hemp program that is in compliance with the new federal hemp regulations. The measure expands and amends Virginia’s existing hemp law to conform it “to the provisions of the federal 2018 Farm Bill by amending the definitions of cannabidiol oil, marijuana, and tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) to exclude industrial hemp that is grown, dealt, or processed in compliance with state or federal law.”
Click on the link below to read the article.
Conversations with: Sara Rotman who owns Bluebird Farms. She was cool enough to take some time and talk to me about the proposed hoop house ordinance for cannabis cultivation in Santa Barbara County.
You can find Sara at http://bluebird805.com/our-story/
Jan. 30 SB COUNTY PLANNING COMMISSION – Hoop House Ordinance Meeting at 123 East Anapamu Street, Room 17, Santa Barbara, CA 93101 (9:00 a.m.)
Support the show – Go to Patreon.com and find the In My Grow Show and donate what you can.
“Cannabis Saves Lives” T-shirts are here for you. to check it out. CLICK HERE check it out.