Click on the titles below to link and listen
Go to inmygrow.com to SUBSCRIBE to the show or find us on the Stitcher app.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Find us on Instagram @inmygrow
Click here to go to 101cbd.org
Go to DeltaLeafLabs.com to order your “Plant DNA Sex Testing Kits”
Click Here for the Amazon link to help support the show.
Show Notes: Greetings and welcome to show 91 and to the first show of 2020. I meant to do a show before the new year last week but my daughter got sick. Recap of the year for the show. I decided not to do video episodes this year because when it’s just me it’s really boring. I also didn’t finish my cookbook, I have half the recipes I need for it. Got my notes from the Ojai Herbal Symposium. One last thing, birthday shout to Kristen from SBVerde.
Strain of the Week:
- Lowell Farms 5 pack of pre-rolled, the comfort indica. They were a blend of Super Glue x Josh D OG. The package said 21% THC but it didn’t feel like that to me, I got to be honest I was unimpressed. Both by the high and the flavor which was bland. On top of that all 5 of those joints were runners. I like some of Lowell Farms flower, but when it comes to these pre-rolled I’m not a fan.
- The other stain is the Mango Brulee Sativa-Dominant, citrus, floral and mango, positive and focused, daytime “Top Shelf” hybrid coupling of Mango and Blue Dream. It had a flowery smell in the jar and had a really fruity, sweet taste, not like mango but pineapple to me. It was a nice high, not to heavy 18% THC. And it was put together by the Monterey Kush Co. and I picked that up at the Hueneme Patient Collective down in Oxnard.
I want to wrap that up by giving a pot smoker tip of the week. If your bud gets dry you rehydrate it in a few different ways. Cannabis leaf, piece of tortilla or orange peel. Don’t put a wet cotton ball or tissue in with it, could cause condensation and cause mold.
Things I want in 2020: Cannabis rescheduled federally and more consumption lounges near me.
- Dr. Jake Felice will be giving a presentation about the “endocannabinoid system” on Jan. 13 at Sesepe Creek Collective at 408 Bryant Crl. suite C. in Ojai.
- Arroyo Verde Farms which is a cannabis cultivation farm out in Carpinteria Ca. are having community day tour on Sat. Jan 18. I picked up the free tickets for this event in the Bio of their IG account @arroyoverdefarms.
- Quarterly Cannabis workshop and network event is on Jan 8. Wed at the Carr Winery 414 N Salsipuedes, in SB. The topics are (The Social Entrepreneur, How Compliance Testing Legitimizes the Industry and Federal Cannabis Legislation
Report from the cannabis front line
- LG has made a grow cabinet – https://www.cnet.com/news/lgs-herb-fridge/
- The President and cannabis – https://www.forbes.com/sites/tomangell/2019/12/21/trump-says-he-can-ignore-medical-marijuana-protections-passed-by-congress/#51081ac44256
- Skip the line in Chicago – Sunnyside dispensary in Chicago is offering people the chance to skip the lines on the first day of legal marijuana sales for $250, with proceeds going to the nonprofit The Last Prisoner Project. https://giftofhistory.sunnyside.shop/
- Italy and home grows – https://www.reuters.com/article/us-italy-cannabis-ruling/italy-court-rules-home-growing-cannabis-is-legal-reigniting-dispute-idUSKBN1YV14H
Big Cannabis stories of 2019:
- Vaping lung disease a.k.a e-cigarette, or vaping, product use-associated lung injury (EVALI).
- Phylos Bioscience
- Legalizing hallucinogenic
- The rise of cannabis/Hemp and clash between communities and industry.
- The Black Market and the high cost of regs and taxes in Ca.
Big thanks to: All the artist for letting me use their music and to DJ Monstr Drop for helping out with some of the social media stuff.
Support the show – Go to Patreon.com and find the In My Grow Show and donate what you can.
“In My Grow Show – Grow Learn Teach” T-shirts are here for you. to check it out. CLICK HERE check it out.
Silent Partner – Butcher
Shaolin Dub – Billowing Smoke